A headache, also known as cephalgia, is pain that occurs anywhere in the head or upper neck. A headache is something that we have all suffered from at some point. Headaches can be divided into three broad groups: primary, secondary, cranial neuralgia, and facial pain. Again, primary headaches can be divided into types such as tension headache, migraine, cluster headache, and some other rare types. A tension headache is the result of emotional stress or physical stress, such as stress caused by prolonged manual labor or prolonged sitting at a computer or desk.
The muscle covering the skull responds to stressors by spasming and causing a tension headache. A tension headache is not as debilitating and people can carry out daily tasks despite the headache. A migraine is the result of dilation of the blood vessels, putting pressure on the nerve fibers that wind around the arteries in the brain. Pressurized nerve fibers respond by releasing pain-causing chemicals. Migraine triggers include heredity, eye strain, shock, gastrointestinal problems, strong emotions, exposure to heat, etc. Cluster headache is the result of a malfunctioning hypothalamus in the brain.
Cluster headache is caused by factors such as heredity, changes in sleep patterns, smoking, alcoholism, certain medications, etc. Cluster headaches can last for weeks or months. A secondary headache comes from an underlying disease or injury. Causes of secondary headache include head injury and subdural, epidural, or subarachnoid hemorrhage, concussion, neck injury, stroke, inflammation of the carotid artery, arteriovenous malformations, brain tumors, brain cancer, seizures, infections such as meningitis, encephalitis, AIDS, influenza, and pneumonia, certain medications, diseases such as hypertension, hypothyroidism, etc., dehydration, renal dialysis, ENT and dental problems, mental disorders, etc. Cranial neuralgia is caused by inflammation of the nerves in the head and upper neck.
Home remedies for headache
1. Mix 200 ml of spinach juice and 300 ml of carrot juice for half a liter and drink. This cures migraines.
2. Eat a ripe apple early in the morning on an empty stomach, after sprinkling the pieces with salt. This is a proven home remedy for headaches.
3. Apply a paste made of half a teaspoon of cinnamon and water on your forehead to get relief from the headache.
4. Rub the henna flowers in vinegar and apply them to the forehead. This cures headaches caused by heat.
5. Boil fresh ginger in water and then inhale. This relieves sinus headaches.
6. Inhaling steam from a glass of boiled water with 8-10 drops of eucalyptus oil is an effective headache remedy.
7. Apply a layer of pounded lemon peel to the forehead. This will relieve you of headaches due to heat.
8. Applying sandalwood paste on the forehead relieves headaches.
9. Soak your feet in a bucket of hot water for 15 minutes every night before bed. This will relieve you of chronic headaches.
10. Taking 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel three times a day is a cure for acid headaches.
11. Application of hot nutrients to the abdomen relieves headaches caused by gastrointestinal disorders.
12. Make a paste of 3-4 cloves and water. Apply to the forehead for quick headache control.
13. Drip 2-3 drops of cow butter into the nostrils. This will prevent sinus headaches.
14. Mix watermelon seeds and Cuseus grass and grind the mixture into a powder. Take 3 grams of powder regularly. This is an effective home remedy for headaches.
15. Drinking a glass of water with 1 teaspoon of honey in it on an empty stomach is a useful treatment for headaches.