If you’re looking for a pathway to long-term residency in the UAE, the Golden Visa program might be the perfect solution for you. This program, launched by the UAE government in 2019, provides investors, entrepreneurs, and talented individuals with the opportunity to obtain long-term residency in the UAE. In this article, we’ll dive into everything you need to know about the UAE Golden Visa program.
What is the UAE Golden Visa?
The UAE Golden Visa is a long-term residency program that offers five or ten-year visas to select individuals who meet certain criteria. The program was launched in 2019 as part of the UAE government’s efforts to attract foreign investment and talent to the country. The Golden Visa provides a pathway to residency in the UAE, allowing individuals to live, work, and study in the country for an extended period.
Who is eligible for the UAE Golden Visa?
The UAE Golden Visa program is open to a variety of individuals, including:
- Investors: Individuals who invest a minimum of AED 10 million in a UAE-based company, or invest in real estate with a minimum value of AED 10 million.
- Entrepreneurs: Individuals who establish a new business in the UAE with a minimum capital investment of AED 500,000, or those who have an existing business with a minimum turnover of AED 1 million.
- Highly skilled professionals: Individuals who hold specialized degrees or work in certain fields, such as medicine, engineering, and science.
- Researchers and scientists: Individuals who have published articles or studies in distinguished scientific journals.
- Outstanding students: Students with a minimum GPA of 3.8 in their undergraduate studies, and who have been accepted into one of the UAE’s top universities.
What are the benefits of the UAE Golden Visa?
The UAE Golden Visa provides several benefits to individuals who obtain it, including:
- Long-term residency: Golden Visa holders can live, work, and study in the UAE for five or ten years.
- No need for a sponsor: Golden Visa holders do not need a local sponsor to live and work in the UAE, unlike other types of visas.
- Easy travel: Golden Visa holders can enter and exit the UAE without the need for a visa.
- Spouse and children: Golden Visa holders can sponsor their spouse and children to live with them in the UAE.
- No income tax: The UAE has no income tax, meaning that Golden Visa holders can keep more of their earnings.
How to apply for the UAE Golden Visa?
The process for applying for the UAE Golden Visa depends on the category you fall under. In general, the process involves the following steps:
- Register for the Golden Visa through the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) website.
- Submit all required documents, such as passport copies, educational certificates, and bank statements.
- Pay the relevant fees for the visa application.
- Wait for the ICA to review and approve your application.
The UAE Golden Visa is an attractive option for individuals looking to establish a long-term residency in the UAE. With its many benefits and relatively straightforward application process, the Golden Visa program has already attracted a significant number of investors, entrepreneurs, and highly skilled professionals to the country.